Welcome to National Centre for Sustainable Coastal Management
National Centre for Sustainable Coastal Management (NCSCM) is an autonomous centre of the Ministry of Environment and Forests, Government of India, aiming to be a world-class institution for coastal and marine area management. The Centre is established within the Anna University Campus, Chennai. Fourteen institutions have formed a consortium with NCSCM, with Anna University Chennai as the Hub.
Vision : "Promote sustainable coasts through increased partnerships, conservation practices, scientific research and knowledge management for the benefit and well being of current and future generations".
Mission and Role : Support integrated management of coastal and marine environment for livelihood security, sustainable development and hazard risk management by enhancing
- Research and Advisory Support
- Partnerships and Network
- Coastal Community Interface
- Strive to become and remain a World Class knowledge institution pertaining to understanding coastal zones and coastal processes, and pertaining to integrated planning and management of coastal and marine areas.
- Promote integrated and sustainable management of the coastal and marine areas in India for the benefit and well being of the traditional coastal and island communities.
- Advise the Union and State Governments and other associated stakeholder(s) on policy and scientific matters related toICZM.